Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I never really liked the brady bunch

They were too happy and perky. Their conflict was very full house-esque. Little things that didn't really matter and were always resolved by the end of the episode.
Also, their backyard didn't have grass. It had astro-turf.
And they mowed it
.

But mostly, it just reminds me of a traumatizing event from high school.
I was a freshmen in high school with a Seventeen Magazine. September 2003. It had Brittany Murphy on it.
Her hair was adorable.
I decided that my next hair cut would look like hers. I thought that it would be great.
It didn't, and it wasn't.

At this time, Kathleen was a junior in high school, and as such was not yet working wonders on my hair. I don't remember who cut it. But it was baaaad. I cried for days. I wore my hair in a short little pony tail for weeks.
(This isn't just one bad hair cut. It is immortalized on a banner sized picture of the state winning girls track team in the gym of Broken Arrow Senior High. If you would really like to see this fiasco of style, you can go to the gym and look for it. I'd rather you didn't, though)

To add to my dismay of this horrid hair cut, I went to school with beaten spirits and very low self esteem, only to be told by a friend,
"you look like Bobby Brady."
Not Marcia. Not Jan. Not even Cindy.
Bobby.
Just in case you didn't catch it,
Bobby's a boy.
The sad thing is that he was right. I had better teeth, a girlier face, a little longer hair, but my hair (bangs especially) did bear a horrid resemblance to little Bobby.

I never really got over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment