Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sarah and Charlie

Broken Arrow School let out less than a month ago, and, I must admit, I am a little sad. I'm not in school anymore, so I don't have to go to it, but I feel like I lost some friends when it let out.

Every day, on my way to work, I drive past Sequoyah Middle School (I know that's not how you spell Sequoyah, but that's how the middle school spells it. So, yeah). When school was in, I drive past at the same time that the kids are walking to school.

Every day for five months, I drove past the same two kids. A boy, probably about 13, and a girl, I'm assuming about 12. I never met them in real life, but, during the 10-15 seconds we spent together every Monday thru Friday, I felt like I got to know them. Or, at least, the them I made up in my head.

Their names, I decided, were Sarah and Charlie. She looked like a Sarah and I just hoped his name was Charlie. I really like that for little boys. They are siblings, is what I think. I could tell when they were having a good day, they would walk together. Not in extreme conversation, but talking. When they were having a bad day, they wouldn't walk together. Sarah would walk about 10 feet ahead of Charlie, and they would both look a little surly.

I just really liked passing them. They were adorable. I hope that they were in sixth and seventh grade, so that next year I can see Sarah and Charlie again.

I'm not a stalker.

2 comments: