Wednesday, August 29, 2012

banjoy

Let me tell you a story. 
Once upon a time, I lived in Utah. 
And in Utah, at BYU, there is a thing called ward prayer. 
It's a nice little arrangement where on Sunday nights you go and have prayer with your ward. Maybe a song. Maybe an activity. But mostly prayer. 
My last year in Utah, I didn't go much. It was at least a block away, meaning I would have to walk (blech!). 
But I did go once. 
I remember walking there seeing a young man in my ward carrying what appeared to be a banjo case. 
My heart did palpitations. 
Once the activity had begun, he extracted the banjo from the case and played "Come thou fount of every blessing."
My heart melted. 
Had he not been 18 and about to go on a mission, I would have proposed marriage to him right there on the spot. 
Instead, I just gained a great love for the beautiful instrument of the banjo. 
Most people don't understand it. 
I find it incredibly attractive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment