Saturday, April 30, 2011

the sad state of America's educational system.

photo courtesy of

Yesterday at work, a man came up on my calling list with the last name of Buhler. I can only assume that this would be pronounced "Bueller."
As in Ferris.
I said to the girl sitting next to me that I was sure that growing up, people said his last name many many times. Over and over.
Buhler..Buhler..Buhler.
I would have.
She looked at me like I was crazy. I had to explain to her,
"You know, like Ferris Bueller's day off? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...?"
She kind of nodded and went, "ooooooh."
Like she didn't really know what I was talking about, but she wanted me to stop talking.
I know she's only 3 years younger than me, but I'm still confused.
How does she not know the most quintessential line and name from any 80s movie?
I just don't understand.

2 comments: