Saturday, August 13, 2011

Like running a marathon. Only, not the running part.

When we were freshmen, Dana and I had movie nights every week (we didn't have social lives, ok? Obviously that's changed...for at least one of us). Most of these nights started with us discussing what we'd watch and ended with us watching her Clean Flix copy of Zoolander (it was a lot shorter than the normal Zoolander. About an hour shorter). We also planned a lot of marathons. We'd get it into our heads that we'd watch all of the Disney movies we possessed between the two of us, or all of the Will Ferrell movies. We planned a lot of these marathons.

In all the planning we did, and the big talks we had, our marathons usually went downhill. Sure, we'd start our marathon. We'd watch Elf, but then deviate from good ol' Will and pop in Back to the Future.

Except for one glorious night.
The only marathon we ever actually finished.
The one with our good friend
ZAC EFRON
(No, Zacky Zac was not attending, I agree, that would have made the marathon infinitely better.)
Although, taking in the time frame, this picture would probably better depict the night:
For 8 hours, Dana and I basked in his glory. We watched The Derby Stallion, Hairspray, High School Musical, and High School Musical 2 (This was actually quite a feat. It wasn't out on DVD yet, so we had to find it on Tudou. That's how dedicated we were).

So why am I telling you this, nearly 4 years after the fact?
Because, tonight I got the sudden urge to have another night with Zac. Granted, there would be several more movies to add to the mix. High School Musical 3, Me and Orson Welles, 17 Again, and Charlie St. Cloud.
Zac has been slightly busy.

Maybe I'll just go watch HSM and be slightly sated.

AND, speaking of my good friend Zachary, you should all watch this video, because it may be the best piece of cinematography a Disney Channel Original Movie ever achieved. Thank you Kenny Ortega.

5 comments:

  1. Haha I remember those movie nights! Lol good ol' Zac! This post also made me think about the "boob grab" poster of Zac that Bianca hung on her wall. Good times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am considering this my birthday tribute post, or whatever

    ReplyDelete
  3. good, Dana. You should. It's a great birthday post. Those were amazing times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like the best way to spend time.
    zac-attack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want you to know that, only one minute into this movie, I had to push pause because I was so filled with excitement and had to tell you. And also,
    Dear Kenny Ortega,
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete