Monday, August 1, 2011

The sad state in which I'm living.

I officially have 4 alarms to wake me up in the morning.
1. My awesome sound activated block clock goes off at 6:00 am. This tells me that it is time to start thinking about waking up. Considering the fact that I do, actually, need to shower. And, since showering takes at least 10 minutes (if I don't have to shave), and I have to dry my hair and all that jazz, then I had better consider getting out of my bed.
2. My phone starts going off at 6:30. Every 5 minutes, it plays the Harry Potter theme to magically lull me out of bed. This does not work.
3. My computer plays "Good Morning" from Singing in the Rain at 7:00 to get me out of my bed happily. I love Singing in the Rain.
4. In case I get out of bed, turn my computer alarm off, and get back in bed, iTunes will start playing "Wake Me Up Before You Go, Go" at 7:15. By now, I am royally peeved and I actually do get out of bed, drag myself to the shower, and start getting ready for the day.
Unless, of course, I get back in bed and wait for my internal clock to wake me up between 7:43 and 7:57...or 8:16.
Dag, yo.

4 comments:

  1. wow. i need to be more like you with the multiple locations for alarms. right now i just have my radio alarm going off followed by three separate alarms from my phone. and my internal clock? it always fails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a human alarm named Portia. 7 am baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha harry potter theme isn't a bad idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha o carrie ann! I've trained Greg to be a snoozer with me! It's great, except when we only have 5 minutes to get ready for work!

    ReplyDelete