Thursday, April 26, 2012

Inappropriate for the workplace

At work, since I'm a graphic designer and spend most of my day looking at a computer screen, I generally like to have something to listen to while I'm working. 
Since there are two other people in my office, we all have headphones in. 
Most of the time I'm listening to music. 
Sometimes I listen to scriptures. 
Today, I listened to Harry Potter. Number 7. It's my favorite one. 
Apparently, I was also very emotional today. 
When Harry walks around Number 4 Privet Drive reminiscing about his childhood, I was choked up. 
When Dudly tells Harry that he doesn't think he's a waste of space, I was close to tears.
By the time they talk about George's ear, I was fighting them back. 
Luckily, no one in my office noticed this sad display of true love for J.K. Rowling. 
I think that would have been difficult to explain. 

2 comments:

  1. I know everything about...harry potter. (you thought I was going to say something else, didnt you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what I have to say. I don't cry while partaking in media very often. Movies, books, what have you. However, with the Harry Potter movies and books, I don't even feel embarrassed about it. How can you not feel like crying? I always do. Even sometimes when I go back and read the early books again and think about everything that's going to happen, I get teary. They're just SO good.

    ReplyDelete