Saturday, June 19, 2010

5 movies you should really see

i really like movies.
a lot.
(side note: i don't know if you've noticed, but i have, that i type "a lot." a lot. just an observation)
this is a list of movies that you should watch. they're
really good.

Penelope:
this is one of my
favorite movies. christina ricci. james mcavoy. it's amazing. it's beautiful. it's funny. it also makes every girl in the world who's ever been the slightest bit insecure feel infinitely better about herself.

favorite quote: "Edward, don't lick Max."


photo courtesy of

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium:
my mom took me to see this movie the first time. i was not excited to see it. i thought it looked strange. however, the second this movie started, i was entranced. along with just being great, it's also beautifully filmed.

favorite quote: "Light bulbs die, my sweet. I will depart. "



photo courtesy of

The Philadelphia Story:
cary grant, jimmy stewart, and katherine hepburn. enough said.

favorite quote: -"C.K. Dexter Haven, I would like to talk to you."
-"Well, let's go in the talking room."



photo courtesy of


To Sir With Love:
sidney poitier is one of my heroes. and in this movie? he's a freaking rockstar. his portrayal of his character is chilling. he does an amazing job. the whole movie is fantastic.

favorite quote: "a friend who taught me right from wrong. and weak from strong, that's a lot to learn. "


photo courtesy of

Some Kind Of Wonderful:
remember how all through pretty in pink you want ducky to get the girl? how no matter how many times you watch it, it still kind of breaks your heart when andy goes after blaine? well, apparently john hughes heard the pleas of the people. he wrote another movie, made ducky female, and named her watts. he called that movie some kind of wonderful. and it is wonderful.

favorite quote: "You look good wearing my future."

photo courtesy of

3 comments:

  1. never seen some kind of wonderful, but i do love john hughes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just watched Penelope the other day!
    And I LOVE To Sir With Love. I LOVE that movie.

    ReplyDelete