Thursday, June 10, 2010

a formal letter to the weather

Dearest Provo.

I appreciate the rain. I really do. In all of the years that I have lived in this town, I have never complained about rain. I love rain. I miss rain. I would like more.

However, I would like a little more consideration. I feel that I have been a very valued tenant in Provo. I always pay my rent, I attend events, I patronize local businesses and parks. All in all I am a great asset to the community.

Therefore I was a little concerned when I looked out my window and saw the rain falling. Once again, I don't hate rain. However, Provo, as you know, I have to work in 45 minutes. As you also know, I am not the proud owner of a car. Or a bike. Or a scooter. Or even a skateboard. Therefore, I will be walking to my place of business in half an hour.

I ask you, if it is at all possible, please refrain from constant down pore while I am footing it.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration,

Carrie Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment