Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The creamy foot.

My feet are really dry today (probably because it was warm last week and I spent the whole week in flip flops. That always reeks havoc on my heels).
This realization reminded me of a story that I'm not sure I've ever shared on here. So, in the interest of full disclosure (although I'm not sure why I'm fully disclosing), I thought I'd share the story of my creamy foot. Here it goes.

I have a special little razor thingy-majig that takes the dead skin off of my feet. I know, it sounds gross, but it really is one of the only things that helps when my feet get this bad. Last year, I decided that my feet were at their breaking point and I needed to use said razor. So I did. Afterward, I took a shower and decided to put lotion on my feet. I was still in the bathroom and I used the toilet to prop up my foot. But I was an idiot. I didn't put the toilet lid down. Just propped up my foot. I put the cream all over my foot, and spent some extra time rubbing it into my heel.

The only problem is that the ball of my foot was all lotioned and extra smooth. It slipped right down into the toilet. Aaaand down the little hole. I lost my balance and fell all over the bathroom. Towel dangling, foot in the toilet, arms flailing. I was fairly certain that I had broken my foot.
I was mortified. I couldn't imagine having to go to the ER and tell the doctor that I had broken my foot by sticking it down the toilet.

Luckily, I didn't have to. My foot wasn't broken, just a little bruised. As was my pride. It took me 24 hours before I could tell anyone that I had tried to break my right foot off in the toilet.

Then I decided it was too good of a story not to tell.

(sorry that this is right justified, the story just looked weird any other way)

1 comment: