Monday, March 7, 2011

motherly instincts

I believe that I've mentioned one of my plants before.
I've mentioned my bamboo. My wonderful bamboo that has gone through more college with me than anything or anyone else.
But, I have other plants. I was talking to my mom about my plants and what will happen to them when I leave BYU. There are just so many, I can't take them on a plane. I also can't ship them. I could leave them with someone staying in Provo, like Alison, Dana, Bianca or Katie. But I told my mom that I wasn't sure that I would be able to do that. It would be like giving up a child, and while I know that my friends would take good care of them, I love my plants.
My mom said that this is a result of my motherly instincts kicking in. I can't have a baby right now, and I can't have pets (my apartment won't allow it) so I'm attaching myself to these plants.
But of course I'm attached. I have nurtured these plants. I have raised some of them from seedlings. The others I have raised from almost dying. Plus, they're just so cute.

Basil
Rosemary
Cilantro
Morning Glory
Lavender. This one is exciting. This little guy just sprouted in the last couple of days. I've been waiting for him for about a month. Isn't he sweet?
Bamboo
Aloe Vera (and my clocky).
Money Tree.

1 comment: