Saturday, March 19, 2011

YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!

So I have this roommate, Mary. She's really funny and fun, and today we were sitting in our living room eating muffins (thank you Lehi Roller Mills for yet another wonderful export. Kevin Bacon and muffins? How is this place not the most celebrated building in the world. I don't know, I don't know) and Mary asked me how I was doing and if she could help me with anything, because I've been stressed and not exactly silent.
I told her that I was okay, but thank you.

Then she told me a great piece of advice
"YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS!"
This may sound like a simple statement. One that is obvious, but it is not. It is actually very empowering.
So, to all of you who are reading this,
You, too, can do hard things.

2 comments:

  1. where is he? i dont know, i dont know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was told to me by a professor my first semester in my major in a really hard theory class. It was totally awesome, and has really stuck with me, especially when i felt like i was going to give up. thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete