Thursday, June 16, 2011

5 things I love about New York.

1. I love that the cops wear their hats. It makes them look totally legit.
2. I love that you can be completely independent of other people. You never have to hitch rides with other people. You just hop on a bus or a subway or a train, and ride to where you need to go.
3. I love that anything you need can be found on the street. Do you need ice cream? Because you can buy it on the street. Do you need the complete 3rd season of Seinfeld? You can buy it from a street vendor. Do you need a bagel? Or a sweatshirt? Or a bag of grapes? Or tomatoes? or anything else at all? All are available.
4. I love that you get to hear a free concert daily in the subway station. They may not always be good, but every once in a while, you come across one that is absolutely phenomenal.
5. I love that I get to go places that I've been seeing movies and pictures of for my entire life. Do you know how awe inspiring it is too see the Empire State Building? or the Chrysler Building? or the Statue of Liberty? Just amazing.

4 comments:

  1. they really wear their hats? I thought that was just on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having so much fun!! Lucky duck!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those things are MY favorite things about New York, too!

    ReplyDelete