Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My family reunion is in about a week and a half.

I know that I shouldn't complain. I am in New York, and I am loving it, but I am very jealous of how my whole family gets to get together and see each other.
I do wish I could go. I miss my family immensely, and I didn't get to go last year either, so I wish I could see my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents (and my sisters and parents for that matter).

So, I've been a little sad-ish lately. And because of this, there are some things that I should stop doing.

I should stop watching Dawson's Creek. Something about watching eloquent teenagers whine about how bad their lives are inspires a pity party inside of me that makes me want to cry about everything "wrong" in my life. (wrong is in quotation marks because there's really nothing wrong in my life)
I should not watch the "Michael is Leaving" episodes of the Office. It's like losing your best friend.
I should also probably stop whining about what makes me sad. Then I won't be feeling sad.
Also, I should listen to this song more often.
And this one.
And this one.
And especially this one.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard another good thing to do is be called by your best friend on skype... sorry I forgot until super late :( maybe tomorrow? I think my 4:00 was cancelled - I'm waiting to hear back from my teacher right now. But if it was, I'll call you tomorrow! AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT JK ROWLING'S ANNOUNCEMENT! I hope it's as awesome as I'm hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last song is because it reminds you of me, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty much. also because of the kazoo solo that doesn't turn out.

    ReplyDelete