Sunday, March 14, 2010

isn't it about time?

for an obsession post?

(i feel like there will be many in the future, but this will be the first)

clocks.

don't ask me why. i cannot explain to you my recent and resounding obsession with clocks, but it is there, and it is going strong.

for example, this clock is dubbed as "a clock that hates numbers"












this clock makes me hate numbers. in the best possible way. i want to hold this clock instead of a bouquet when married, in fact, i'll just marry this clock. (too bad it's a whopping $1600. memo to my millionaire friends, this would be a wonderful birthday present)


i'm pretty sure this next clock could replace my television.













i would just sit there and watch the ball go around and around. because it's mesmerizing. and hypnotizing.














i don't think there are words to describe how awesome this timepiece is to me. i will admit it took me at least 10 minutes to figure out how it worked, but once i did, i broke down and cried (figuratively) and lamented the fact that it's not hanging on my wall (literally).














i would put this clock in my kitchen. or in a breakfast nook (if i ever have one of those). it makes me want to drink orange juice. and eat oranges. and bask in the sunlight of a midsummer's day reading Shakespeare (yes, Shakespeare).











maybe this clock just feeds into my morbid side, but i love it. let me explain to you how it works. the left little eye is the hour, while the right is the minute, so these little peepers are currently showing you the time of 03:50


wow. this is a lot of clocks. i understand if you need to take a brief intermission, i won't be offended. but these last 2 are my favorites.













this is a 24 hour clock. i don't know for sure, because it's not big for me either, but i think that those little swirls are the hours of the day. i also think that this clock is not an English one. totally doesn't matter.


and my final and favorite clock of all time (tiny drum-role):










i would give up my big toe, my kneecaps, or my belly button to own this clock. usually i am not a fan of the cuckoo clock, but somehow this little beauty stole my heart and left it broken with it's $360 price tag.

3 comments:

  1. THAT LAST ONE IS SO AWESOME! And I also like the one that uses words. Both are favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, right? i want my whole wall to be nothing but clocks. actually, i want a house made out of nothing but clocks.

    ReplyDelete