Monday, October 18, 2010

Walk like a man, talk like a man...smell like a man?

So, last week I ran out of laundry detergent. So, I bought a new kind.
Nothing fancy. Tide. Tide is nothing new. I've smelled Tide before, it smells good.
I bought the kind that cleans your clothes in cold water. It says the scent is mountain spring.
I figured that would be good, and I didn't need to smell it.
Yesterday when I decided to do my laundry, I pulled out the lovely new laundry detergent.
I opened the bottle.
I pulled it up to my face.
I sniffed it.
It smells like my father's aftershave.
Side note: My father smells good.
He smells like a boy. Because he is one.
I am a girl. I like to smell like a girl.
Ho, ho. Not so.
For the next 52 loads, I get to smell like my dad.
And, incidentally, because clean laundry goes in my bedroom, my room also smells like a man.
Not that great. Not that great.

So, for future reference: girls, don't buy this detergent
Boys, you feel free.

I miss my old detergent. It smelled so good.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up Carrie. For real.

    ReplyDelete