Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Earth's surface is unstable...

I got this message from Kathleen this morning.
My brain doesn't quite understand it still.

"This morning there was an earthquake in Oklahoma! Who knew that was possible? It originated here in Norman, and people felt it in Tulsa and Broken Arrow too. We felt it, but had no damage. It lasted about 2 or 3 seconds, and was a 4.3 on the Richter scale. Apparently, OU campus had some damage, one of the buildings had to be evacuated because it cracked down the side! Scary! But we are
all fine, no harm done!"

I've never been in an earthquake. I thought I was once, but never for real. Apparently, though, they happen in Oklahoma. Huh.

"You are about to experience a 6 on the Richter scale, please hold handrail"
-Simulated Earthquake Video at the Tulsa Zoo

2 comments: