Monday, July 19, 2010

deficiancy

remember my bruises?
well, i was talking to my mom about them the other day.

mom, i look like someone beat me with a metal rod.
carrie, you are deficient in iron, you should eat more red meat.
mom, i can't afford red meat.

so, i found something else to fulfill my iron requirement.
lentils.
i know, some of you are probably thinking,
ew. gross.
about 7 years ago, i would have thought the same exact thing.
i hated lentils. with a deep and severe passion.
my mom would put them in weird things. like spaghetti sauce. and soup (they're actually not that bad in soup)
then mom found dahl.
dahl is delicious.
it's indian food.
heavy in curry and rice and lentils and tomatoes.
it makes your house smell like bombay house.
it's delicious.
i will be eating it in approximately 3 minutes.
yum.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha i love this one, especially cause i know we have talked about your bruises before.

    ReplyDelete