Sunday, July 17, 2011

chastisement

I don't really like being judged. It's not very nice. I get feelings hurt.
I really don't like being judged by an outside source. A being that has never met me. Doesn't know anything about me.
The other day I got judged by a computer. That's right, a computer.
Thanks, Hulu, for thinking the worst of me. But, while you sit there all high and mighty with your TV shows that don't come online until 30 DAYS AFTER THEY AIR, and your full seasons that you have to have a subscription to see, you judge me because I've been watching "for more than 3 hours."
Well, I'm pretty sure that I hadn't.
Also, even if I had, I'm not just sitting on my couch eating bon bons and watching hours upon hours doing nothing.
Sometimes, when I'm working on projects, like, say, designing resumes, I like some audio stimulation. Also, sometimes I also want visual stimulation with that, rather than listening to the same songs over and over.
So, I like to watch tv shows. While I'm doing other things. Things that are productive. And relevant in life.
But you wouldn't know that, Hulu, because you just assume that I'm a couch potato.
Jerk. I'm just going to go back to Netflix.
They don't judge my audio/visual consumption.
In fact, they suggest other things for me to watch, to help me be more productive. Booyah.

1 comment: