Saturday, July 2, 2011

With the upcoming holiday fast approaching, I have been spending quite a bit of time reminiscing about my childhood.
I love the 4th of July. If you read my Herman's blog (yes, I left the "a" of hermana off on purpose), you probably know how awesome the Tulsa, OK fireworks are. Here is a video to illustrate the awesomeness of Tulsa.


Admittedly, these are not 4th of July fireworks, but OK centennial fireworks. This is just an example of how dang good we are at firework shows.
I miss going to the river. I haven't been there in about 7 years. Which is really sad. Don't get me wrong. I love all fireworks. Any fireworks show I see, automatically means love radiating from me. However, I have a lot more love when when I'm laying on my parent's space blanket, drinking Shasta, using Twizzlers as a straw and listening to twangy country music that the fireworks are synchronized to. And watching that flag lady dance. And listening to Kathryn Zarimba singin' some awesome music.
I honestly don't know if any other fireworks show can compare.
However, I will give New York a shot. We'll see if they can impress my wonderful taste.
Also, I might be going to a baseball game today. I love baseball. Especially the Tulsa Drillers (probably because that's really the only team I've ever seen play).
So, my dear friends. I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day. Eat a hot dog or hamburger for me. Watch some fireworks, and celebrate this great country that we live in.

1 comment: