Monday, July 25, 2011

Force Field

Let me let you in on a little secret: sometimes, riding the subway sucks.
It gets stuck on the tracks, 59th street station smells really funky, and people fight sometimes.
For the most part, though, it's the fact that, when I'm riding the subway, it is very crowded.
Because of rush hour and stuff.
This means that any personal space issues you may have get to go completely away. No more boundaries.
When you can smell the guy behind you's bubblegum and sweat, they are too close.
Are you understanding how close we are? It's a lot of touching.
I do have personal space issues, even though I've never actually been violated, I feel like I am a few times a week.
Let me ask you this question: when you are being touched on all sides, so much that you don't have to hold onto the pole,
WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IT'S IMPORTANT TO BE MAKING OUT WITH YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Some of us are really uncomfortable with the amount of touching going on. That coupled with our discomfort with PDA, makes us mentally BEG you to get off at Grand Central. And 59th street. Then we run out on 86th. And we try to gauge our eyes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment